Congratulations to our $10K Giveaway Winner
Tiara M, Tasmania
The Promotion will be conducted by the Footscray Football Club Limited (ABN 68 005 226 595) of 417 Barkly Street, Footscray, Victoria, 3011, trading as Western Bulldogs (“WB”).
a)Entry is open to Australian residents.
b)Entry is restricted to adults aged 18 years or older.
c)Entrants must have purchased, renewed or otherwise fully pay for a WB membership product for the 2024 AFL Premiership Season before December 31, 2023, and must be a member at the time of winning to be eligible to redeem the prize (“Bulldogs Member”).
Method of Entry & Conditions:
The Promoter administers an annual membership database of “Members” to the organisation. Individuals join the membership database annually by purchasing a WB product for that annual “Season”. To be eligible for entry to this Promotion, an individual must comply with relevant Entry Restrictions as stipulated.
To enter, entrants must:
(a) During the Entry Period register, renew or otherwise fully pay for a WB 2024 membership (“Product”). This includes members who pay their membership via a payment plan and are up-to-date on payments.
(b)Alternatively, any persons who have registered a WB 2024 Product, prior to the opening of the Entry Period, will be notified in writing that they are automatically entered into the Promotion. If you do not wish to participate in this promotion, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com to opt out.
Entry Period: Opens 18 October 2023 at 6:00am (AEDT), closes 31 December 2023 at 12:01am (AEDT).
Game of Chance: The winner will be chosen at random by electronic draw. There will be one draw conducted by TPAL at 11:00am AEDT Thursday 18 January 2024 at Level 2, 11 York St, Sydney NSW 2000. The first valid entry drawn will win the prize detailed below. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
The results of the draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw. This is a game of chance. The Promoter must distribute the prize to the winner within 28 days of the draw.
Prize Details: The prize/s is AUD $10,000, to be paid via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). There is one prize to be won. The total prize value is AUD $10,000.
The prize/s does not include any costs associated with redeeming the prize such as bank fees.
The prize/s will not be transferable to another person.
No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
If a prize is not available for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with another item of equal or greater value if the winner agrees in writing and subject to any approvals from regulatory authorities. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
Total Prize Pool: AUD $10,000
Notification of Winner: Winners will be notified by telephone and email within two (2) business days of being determined.
The name of the winner/s will be published on the Promoter's website at westernbulldogs.com.au by Monday 22 January 2024 for a period of 28 days.
If a winner does not respond within 3 months of being notified that they have won the competition, that winner is not readily identified and reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter to identify the winner were unsuccessful, they will automatically forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner through a second chance draw.
If necessary, a second chance draw will be held on Thursday 25 April 2024 at the same time and place and by the same method as the first draw. The first valid entry drawn will win any unclaimed prize.
The winner/s will be personally notified by email and telephone by Wednesday 1 May 2024.
The name of the winner/s will be published on the Promoter's website at westernbulldogs.com.au by Wednesday 8 May 2024.
The results of any second chance draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw.
The Promoter must distribute the prize/s to the winner/s within 28 days of the draw.
Conditions of Entry
- Instructions and information on how to enter form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule).
- To the extent that there is any inconsistency between the Conditions of Entry Schedule and the Terms and Conditions; the Terms and Conditions of Entry Schedule will prevail.
- In these Conditions of Entry,
- all references to Entrants to the Promotion, has been given the meaning of any entrant, finalists, registered participant, prize winners, and/or contestant.
- any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- By submitting an entry into this Promotion, entrants warrant that they have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the Schedule to Conditions of Entry.
- The Promoter may (subject to State Regulations) vary the terms of, or terminate, this Promotion at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any contestant or other person. The Promoter will not award the prize if the Promotion is terminated.
- The Promoter’s decisions in connection with the Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Eligibility & Exclusions
- Eligibility to enter the Promotion is subject to the Entry Restrictions. Entrants must at all times comply with the Entry Restrictions. Those Entrants who have not complied, will be disqualified and/or ineligible to redeem a Prize.
- Entrants are required to take full responsibility for ensuring that they meet the Eligibility Criteria and complies with these Conditions of Entry.
- Entrants warrant that they are entering this Promotion in a wholly private nature and are not entering on behalf of a business or enterprise activity.
- Should a Entrants contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrants’ responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- The Promoter and/or its representatives may conduct security and/or verification checks (including enforcement of the Verification Requirements) in their absolute discretion to determine the bona fides of an entrant’s eligibility to enter the
- Unless otherwise stated in these terms and conditions, no person may participate in this Promotion on behalf of any third party. Any person who is discovered to have used or attempted to use more than one name in entering the Promotion will be disqualified from participating in the Promotion and/or redeeming a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any persons from the Promotion on the ground of their medical condition or history, for the safety of the Promoter’s staff members or others or for any other reason, for example bringing the Promoter’s brand into The Promoter also reserves the right to disqualify a Contestant for any reason (including but not limited to): a) That person’s medical condition or history.
- The preservation of the safety of the Promoter’s staff members or any other person or because the Promoter deems that the behaviour of a person may bring the Promoter’s brand into disrepute.
- If a person is deemed to not to be eligible to enter or to win.
- If at any stage they engage in, cause or incite physical violence (e.g. punching, slapping), inappropriate, illegal, unsociable or unsafe behaviour; and/or
- If the safety of any of the Promoter’s staff member is compromised.
- Entrants proposing to redeem prizes involving participation in the Promotion where it involves travel or participation in an event, may, at the absolute discretion of the Promoter, first be required to execute a Deed of Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by the Promoter in order to participate further in the Promotion and/or redeem the prize.
Method of Entry & Draw
- The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotion Period.
- Entrants may enter this Promotion in accordance with Method of Entry. Those entrants, who have not complied the Method of Entry will be disqualified.
- Inaudible, incomplete, incomprehensible or late entries (whichever is applicable) will not be eligible and will be disqualified.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter includes any content which may be unlawful, profane, inflammatory, defamatory and/or damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter.
- All Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter may rely on these clauses even after the Promoter has awarded or appeared to have awarded the prize to a person or after a person is announced as a Prize Winner. The Promoter reserves its rights to require return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter if this occurs.
Prizes & Prize Winners
- Information and details about Prize(s) are set out in the Schedule.
- All prizes are non transferable and non exchangeable or redeemable for cash, and must be used on any dates specified in these terms and conditions, by the Promoter and are not redeemable for cash unless cash is specified. If for any reason a prize is not available, the Promoter will substitute it for another prize of equal or higher value (in its discretion), subject to regulatory requirements.
- All prize values are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of printing. The Promoter takes no responsibility for variations in the prize value. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- If a prize winner does not take any element of a prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that prize or any part of it.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency, proof of age, and proof of a current 2024 Western Bulldogs Membership; in order to claim a prize. Proof of identity, residency and/or entry validity considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- Database Member – Restricted Entry: The Promoter may specify in the Entry Conditions that the edibility of the Promotion is limited to persons registered on a specific membership database managed and owned by the Promoter. Registration to any database listed is free and registration is online at the Promoters website. The entrant must be a currently registered member of the database at the time of entry and at the time of any prize redemption. The Promoter or its representatives may conduct verification checks of the entrant or winner to determine registration of that membership database to ensure bona fides. In the event that the entrant's details do not accord with the details of their registration the Promoter may, at their complete discretion, deem that entrant to be ineligible to enter or to win or to redeem a prize in the Promotion.
Release & Indemnity
- To the extent permitted by law, all Entrants release from, and indemnify the Promoter against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in the Promotion including (but not limited to) loss of income, loss of opportunity, personal injury and damage to property, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
- The Promoter and its agencies and representatives associated with this Promotion will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or taking of the prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
Australian Consumer Law
- A winner has rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by the Promoter. These rights include a statutory guarantee that any services provided by the Promoter will be rendered with due care and skill and that any goods will be of acceptable quality. These Conditions of Entry do not exclude, restrict or modify those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, other than the Australian Consumer Law, regarding the quality and suitability of the prize awarded under these Conditions of Entry and will not be responsible for breach of any such implied terms.
- Entrants release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion and acknowledge that: (a) the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook; (b) any information provided by the entrant in connection with the Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook; and (c) any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook.
- Promoter has the right to publicise, broadcast, film, publish and communicate to the public the names, characters, likenesses or voices of any entrants for any promotion or matter incidental to the Promotion.
- Entrants may be required by the Promoter to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session(s) (the “publicity materials”) and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to use such publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit, unless that person advises the Promoter at the time of entering the Promotion that he/she wishes to retain his/her anonymity.
- By entering this Promotion all entrants:
- assign to the Promoter all rights including present and future copyright in their entry and the publicity materials in all media
(including, without limitation, the internet) and whether in existence now or created in the future;
- agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and the publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against the Promoter, its assigns, licensees and successors in title; and
- undertake to the Promoter that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
Technical Malfunctions / Tampering
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise, injury or damage to entries or to participants’ or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Promotion. If the Promotion is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, including due to any technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the competition subject to approval from any relevant authority.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify all entries from any entrant who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with, the entry process or the Promotion. Entrants can enter the Promotion once. Automatically- or computer-generated entries will not be accepted.
- Authorised under SA Permit No. T23/1613 and ACT Permit No. TP 23/02090.