AFLW Round 2 | Western Bulldogs vs Melbourne
When: Friday 14 February
Where: VU Whitten Oval, 417 Barkly St, Footscray
Gates Open: 6pm AEDT
Game Starts: 7.40pm AEDT
Broadcast: Foxtel and Channel 7, from 7.30pm. The match will also be streamed live on womens.afl and the Official AFLW app.
Be there for our first home game of the 2020 season when we host Melbourne on Valentine’s Day under lights!
Seven years on since we first met the Dees in an exhibition match back in 2013, both clubs will be vying for the Hampson-Hardeman Cup; named in honour of women’s footy pioneers Barb Hampson and Lisa Hardeman, who developed the first women’s national championships in 1998.
Enjoy more than just a footy match, with food trucks, live music, giveaways, meet and greets and an exclusive hospitality experience at the ‘Gage Roads Garden Bar’.
Seats will also be available undercover in the Whitten Stand in case of rain.
Getting to the game
We recommend taking public transport to all AFLW games at the VU Whitten Oval due to limited parking.
VU Whitten Oval is a short stroll from West Footscray station - on the Sunbury/Watergardens line.
By tram from the city, catch the #57 West Maribyrnong service.
The #57 links at Maribyrnong Road with the #82, which passes within a one-kilometre walk of the ground.
Routes: 410; Sunshine – Footscray, 411; Laverton Railway Station - Altona Meadows – Altona – Footscray (via Millers Road), 412; Laverton - Altona Meadows – Altona – Footscray (via Mills Street), 414; Laverton - Footscray 472 - Williamstown - Moonee Ponds via Footscray. Stops a street away from the ground on Geelong Road. 220 - Sunshine - Gardenvale via City & Footscray. Stops outside the ground in Barkly Street. 219 - Sunshine West - Gardenvale via City & Footscray. Stops around the corner from the ground on Barkly Street. 216 - Caroline Springs - Brighton Beach via City & Footscray.
Bus stops are located around the corner from the ground on Barkly Street.
Limited street parking is available in the surrounding areas and check signs for relevant restrictions.
There are also numerous car park options in the area including:
- Western Health Footscray Hospital, 150 Gordon Street, Footscray (1.1km away). $11 weekend all day parking.
- Footscray Plaza, 18 Albert Street, Footscray (1.3km away). $8 daily maximum.
- Victoria University Footscray Campus, 7 Tiernan St, Footscray (1.6km away). Free weekend parking.
We’ve got plenty planned for our first home game, so plan ahead to make sure you don’t miss a thing!
- Quarter time dance performance on ground by local dance crew, Lifestyle For Kids
- Priceline Power Up – visit the Priceline activation in the Fan Zone to make your own Bulldogs supporters sign. Plus, if you hold up the sign at three quarter time and get spotted, you’ll have the chance to win 1 of 4 $100 Priceline vouchers.
- Learn how to juggle with sessions facilitated by the Women's Circus
- Football Inflatables, Mission Stadium Jumping Castle, free face painting, arts & crafts
- Meet and Greet with AFLW players
- Say hello to Caesar at his new Kennel
- Visit the Priceline activation for giveaways and get involved in the augmented reality ‘Flick Footy”
- Enter the Pancake Parlour Dome with a chance to win prizes
- Victoria University free massages and beauty bar
- Bob Jane T-Marts augmented reality face painting and giveaways
- Pat a pooch at the Second Chance Animal Rescue station
- Live acoustic music
There’ll also be a live DJ providing the hottest tunes pre-game and during the breaks.
Gage Roads Garden Bar
It’s back! The Western Bulldogs once again play host to the most exclusive hospitality precinct in the AFLW. Join us on the hallowed turn of VU Whitten Oval for panoramic views of the game, accompanied by premium canapes, Gage Roads beer, wine and soft drink!
Your ticket includes:
- Entry into the exclusive on-field event space
- Gage Roads beer, wine and soft drink
- Continual serving of premium canapes
- Exclusive front row viewing of the game
- $99 per person
Tickets strictly limited. Click here to buy.
Food and Drinks
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available for purchase at Victoria University Whitten Oval including:
- Bass Straight Beef Burger Bar, Gourmet Pies and Ice-cream
- Food trucks including Mary and a little lamb, Wingsters, Chaitime, Gobbles Grill, Dinkum Donuts, Pie Van & more
- Gage Roads Brewing Bars
*Subject to change
Food is also permitted to be brought into the venue however large eskies, hampers, chairs and stools, glass and alcohol are not permitted. All bags will also be searched upon arrival. All alcohol must be purchased inside the venue.
On the field they were pioneers in a ground-breaking season which added more pride and purpose to the Western Bulldogs Football Club, and in the stands and at home, you gave them the strength to carry out their vision. Join us on the journey in 2020!
Membership starts from $50, and benefits include:
- VIP member entry into VU Whitten Oval via the main glass doors for AFLW home games
- Dedicated member express queue at Barkers Cafe for AFLW games at Victoria University Whitten Oval
- Free coffee voucher for Barkers Café with your membership
- Guaranteed AFLW Grand Final Access*
- Exclusive member emails and special offers (where a valid email address is provided).
- Receive 10% off at Bulldogs Shop instore and online
For more information, visit membership.westernbulldogs.com.au