The Barkly Street podcast crew has emerged from lockdown with a bang, bringing a comedic expert along with them to lighten the mood of all Bulldogs fans.
Despite the fact that he’s a rusted-on Geelong fan, Bob and Woody had the pleasure of welcoming professional comedian Dave Thornton as a special guest this week.
There are laughs to be had at every turn - just the tonic for weary Victorians, including Dogs fans, who are looking forward to Friday night footy at the Cattery.
Thornton’s tremendous wit is on display as the trio discuss this and more:
- Recounting Easton’s experience telling a joke to the Bulldogs players.
- Dave being scarred by watching the 1986 fantasy film Labyrinth, starring David Bowie.
- Dave’s all-time favourite Geelong player haircuts, and the growth of the current-day mullet.
- Being in awe of the AFL’s tallest players.
- Living next door to former Carlton player Nick Duigan.
- Testing Dave’s knowledge in a curiously skewed (but all parts hilarious) Barkly Street quiz.
Bob and Easton also chat about what the last week has been like inside the Kennel, the joy of having some fans in the stadium for Friday night’s clash with Geelong, the tribunal case involving the incident between David Mackay and Hunter Clark, and Woody’s return to the field this weekend.
You can find the Barkly Street podcast and subscribe to it on iTunes, TuneIn Radio, and Whooshkaa, or simply by searching ‘The Barkly Street Podcast’ in the search section of any of these podcast platforms.
To contact the Barkly Street team on Twitter, use #BarklyStreet.
For previous episodes, click here.
To watch full video episodes of Barkly Street, visit the Club’s YouTube page.