Get to know new recruit Taylor Duryea, who was traded to the Club from Hawthorn, in exchange for a future fourth-round selection.
westernbulldogs.com.au has uncovered 10 facts about the Bulldogs’ latest signing.
- A friend at Caulfield Grammar dubbed Duryea ‘Doc’, after rapper Dr Dre.
- He was named Best First Year Player in his debut season at the Hawks, after being taken at pick 69 in the 2009 National Draft.
- Duryea is two-time premiership player with Hawthorn (2014 and 2015).
- He has remained good friends with Bulldogs defender and former Hawk, Matt Suckling.
- Duryea is a proud ambassador for mental health charity, Beyond Blue.
- He is a keen golfer, having played Tasmania’s picturesque Barnbougle and Jack’s Point in Queenstown, New Zealand.
- Duryea has a five-year-old French Bulldog named Duke.
- Duryea received the Best Clubman Award at the 2018 Peter Crimmins Medal.
- He hails from TAC Cup side the Murray Bushrangers, the same club as current Bulldog Josh Schache.
- The 27-year-old is currently holidaying in America.
View this post on Instagram