Do you want to learn more about your health, get active with exercise professionals, make new friends and connect with your community? Then Daughters of the West is for you!
This FREE 10-week health program is facilitated by the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation in partnership with local councils and community health services across Victoria. The aim of the program is to empower women to make their health and wellbeing a priority by giving them the tools and knowledge.
Each week, for 10 weeks, you will meet in your local community groups for two hours where you will:
- Hear from a range of guest presenters who will lead an interactive discussion on various health topics such as nutrition, mental fitness, health screenings and more.
- Connect with some great women within your area
- Participate in fun, group-based exercise, with our supportive exercise staff. There are 2-3 exercise groups to joined based on level of intensity (low, medium and high) to ensure all fitness levels and abilities can get the most out of it!
Benefits in joining Daughters of the West
- Access to health experts each week for free
- Learn more about your health and ways to make your wellbeing a priority
- Connect with health and community services within your area
- Form bonds with other women within your community
- Get active with a range of workouts to meet everyone’s fitness levels.
- Chance to win prizes!
Who can join?
Daughters of the West is open to women and those who identify as women, aged 18 and over who live or work in the West of Melbourne and Victoria.
When and were?
The Daughters of the West program will be starting again in July 2024 at multiple sites across the inner west of Melbourne and beyond! If you are interested in getting involved in the program, please express your interest here and we will contact you closer to registrations opening.
DOTW – Wodonga Veterans Program
For the first time, we will be running a Daughters of the West program in partnership with RSL Victoria for Veteran women. Starting on Tuesday 6th February from 6:00pm, the program will run for 10-weeks and is open to all women over 18 who have served in the Australian Defence Force and live in the Albury Wodonga area. To register and to find out more about this free health and wellbeing program, click here.
“For me, it's ticking so many boxes: community, making friends, getting healthy, being close to home, stopping the social isolation. Just getting out there and getting active and being involved with the community.” - Daughters of the West 2022 Participant
“I want to say thank you. There's probably a lot of things that I know, in the back of my mind. But I think the program reminds you of things that are important, and to focus on oneself, to focus on your own health. I don't know, I tend to care about everyone else and I forget about myself.... This is just a springboard to get on with it, and I'm grateful for that. Thank you.” - Daughters of the West 2022 Participant