Prioritise your Health & Wellbeing
Are you interested in learning about your health, getting active with a range of fun workouts, making new friends and being involved in your local community? Then Daughters of the West is for you!
Facilitated by the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation in partnership with local councils and community health services across western Victoria, Daughters of the West is a free 8-week health program commencing mid July 2020.
Benefits in joining Daughters of the West
- Learn about key issues impacting women’s health including nutrition, mental health and stress, gender equity, respectful relationships and intercultural understanding
- Get active with a range of workouts to meet everyone’s fitness levels
- Make new friends for life
- Loads of giveaways and incentives throughout the program including the chance to win signed merchandise from the Western Bulldogs Football Club
- Plenty of support along the way
- More accessible than ever since it is all from the safety of your home
Daughters of the West program has been successfully running for three years and last year a total of 514 women participated in the program. In 2019, 97% reported they better understand services offered by local health organisations, 90% feeling more connected to the community and 80% feeling more knowledgeable about each of the health topics.
According to evaluations conducted, the program increases psychological wellbeing, mental health literacy, and coping strategies for improving mental health which is extremely important in the current climate.
“So the course had a powerful impact on me. It helped me bridge the gap to where I am now. It helped me identify what I can do in retirement and how to do it. It showed me a way to move forward into the community”. Elaine Yap, DOTW past participant
“The program itself motivated me to be happy, exercises to keep me healthy and the most important thing for me was making friends, having someone to hang out with, sharing laughs and joy with many likeminded women”. Nuong Huynh, DOTW past participant
Who can join?
Daughters of the West is open to females aged 18 and over who live in Maribyrnong, Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Melton, Wyndham, Ballarat and Whittlesea.
When and where?
The Daughters of the West program will be starting again in mid-July. To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information email email@example.com