Do you want to learn more about your health, get active with exercise professionals, make new mates and connect with your community? Then Sons of the West is for you!
This FREE 10-week health program is facilitated by the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation in partnership with local councils and community health services across Victoria. The aim of the program is to empower men to make their health and wellbeing a priority by giving them the tools and knowledge.
Each week, for 10 weeks, you will meet in your local community groups for roughly 2 hours where you will:
- Hear from a range of guest presenters who will lead an interactive discussion on various health topics such as nutrition, mental fitness, health screenings and more
- Connect with some great men within your area
- Participate in some fun, group-based exercise, with our supportive exercise staff. There are 2-3 exercise groups to joined based on level of intensity (low, medium and high) to ensure all fitness levels and abilities can get the most out of it!
Who is it for?
Sons of the West is open to men and those who identify as men, aged 18 and over who live and or work in the West of Melbourne and Victoria.
Benefits in joining
- Have access to health experts each week for free
- Learn more about your health and ways to further make your wellbeing a priority
- Connect with health and community services within your area
- Get involved with your community and meet other local guys
- Get active with a range of workouts to meet everyone’s fitness levels
- Chance to win prizes!
When and where
The Sons of the West program will be starting again in March 2024 at multiple sites across the inner west of Melbourne and up to Ballarat. If you are interested in getting involved in the program, you can express your interest here.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
"It wasn't expected that you were the fittest person on the planet, which I really appreciated. There was something for everybody, no matter your level of fitness or any injuries.” - Sons of the West 2022 participant.
“Maybe if I have issues and I'm staying within that man box or being a tough individual, it gave me the avenue to open up and say, ‘Well, if this guy has gone through all of this, maybe I should share my story as well.” - Sons of the West 2022 participant.