The VFLW Bulldogs will host Hawthorn at VU Whitten Oval in the opening round of the 2021 rebel VFLW season this Sunday.
The match is scheduled to begin at 10am.
It will be the first Bulldogs’ outfit led by newly-named skipper Riley Christgoergl, who was voted in as captain by the playing group last week.
The remaining rounds of the 2021 rebel VFLW season will be confirmed by the AFL on a weekly basis, to allow for flexibility among the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Western Bulldogs VFLW playing list for 2021 an also be viewed here.
Crowds will be permitted at all matches in round one unless otherwise advised, with matches to also streamed through the VFLW digital channels.
While COVID-19 continues to impact the community, the health and welfare of players and the community remains the priority and all matches will operate in a safe manner anchored in the advice of respective governments, public health officials and medical experts.
Please note, for matches at VU Whitten Oval:
- Each attendee is asked to do a symptom self-assessment prior to leaving home and not attend if they are unwell or have been instructed to isolate or quarantine.
- Attendees must maintain at least 1.5m physical distance between those from other groups at all times.
- To minimise movement, attendees must stay within their allocated spaces or seats where practical.
- Requirements for face covering, observe cough etiquette and personal hygiene measures.
- All attendees must scan in using the QR code located upon entry and around the venue(recommend downloading the State Government App).