We’ve all seen what Josh Dunkley can do on the football field.
But it’s the young gun’s cooking skills that might catch you by surprise.
While most of us will never be able to match Dunkley’s footy prowess, we can at least follow in his footsteps in the kitchen while Melbournians are adjusting to another extended period of coronavirus lockdowns.
Cooking with Dunks is a new Bulldogs Media video series where Josh will give you all the tips and tricks to create tasty and nutritious stay-at-home meals.
To give it a try at home, check out the recipe below:
- 10 Mission Street Tacos
- Mission Taco® Seasoning Mix
- Mission Salsa
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 small Zucchini, finely diced
- 2 small Red Capsicum, finely diced
- 1 small Onion, finely diced
- 4 small Mushrooms, finely diced
- 500g Beef Mince
- 1 cup Tasty Cheese
- Mixed Lettuce Leaves
- 1/2 cup Water
- Fresh Chilli (optional)
- Fresh Coriander (optional)
- Fresh Lime Juice (optional)
- Heat oil in pan. Add diced zucchini, capsicum, onion and mushrooms and cook until vegetables soften. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add mince and cook until browned. Stir in taco seasoning mix. Add ½ cup of water. Combine the vegetables with the mince. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preparing the tortillas: Fry pan - preheat a dry pan on medium heat for 2 minutes. Place a tortilla in the pan and heat each side for 15-20 seconds. Repeat with remaining taco. Microwave - all tortillas in pack on high for 40 seconds. Keep covered until ready to serve.
- Fill tortillas with mince mixture then top with salsa, cheese and lettuce. For an extra kick, add some fresh chilli, coriander and lime juice.